Skip to content
Tooth Decay HELP
micahhissong posted:
I'm 19 years old, and I have tooth decay on two of my teeth, however one is more noticeable than the other. [br>[br>Here is a picture of it- http://www.flickr.com/photos/120982632@N04/13301817133/ [br>[br>I am posting this question with a picture after I brushed my teeth and now both teeth seem to have decay, I am far more concerned with the one on the right, but still about the one on the left. Also, there has been very very minor decay on one of my front teeth for years. [br>[br>My question is, what will the dentist have to do to help it? Will he be forced to pull it, or can he cap it? [br>[br>My final question is, how can I treat this from getting worse? [br>I'm currently waiting on the dentist to return my phone call trying to set an appointment, I'm not sure when I will be able to see the dentist but it should only be a couple weeks at most, if I stop drinking soda, and only drink water will this help? I brush twice a day, I do not floss or use mouth rinse so I'm unsure of how this got so severe, that tooth has had minor decay for years but only the past week has it gotten worse. My mother told me that her and my grandmother have some disease that causes their teeth to rot, I'm not sure if this is affecting me or not. [br>[br>However I am very concerned about this. I'm sorry for the lengthy question, but if someone could guide me in the right direction in terms of how to help this and what to expect from the dentist, I would very much appreciate it.

webdentistin responded:
There are many solutions available to treat dental cavity. Composite filling is one of the best and cheapest option to deal with caries. Two years ago I had got three cavities fixed and haven't faced any issue.

I would recommend you to see a dentist to stop the cavity from getting larger, In the meanwhile you need to take proper care of your oral hygiene.

1. Clean your teeth after every meal.
2. Flossing is extremely important to your oral hygiene.
3. Use mouthwash
4. Avoid sweets and carb loaded food.

I hope these tips will help you to prevent your dental cavity .

atti_editor responded:
Hi micahhissong,

Did you get in touch with your dentist to schedule an appointment? He/she will discuss the best course of action for treating your tooth decay. This article as some information on what your dentist might do to treat your teeth, as well as a section on preventing tooth decay. You might also mention your family history of tooth decay at your appointment to see if there are any more preventative measures your dentist recommends. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Best wishes,
Atti

sarien_m responded:
How is your teeth now? Once a tooth gets the problem that's a warning to give some importance to your oral health; I didn't and ended up in doing 4 root canal procedure. My dentist was happy because I am a regular income for him, but he warned me to take care of my teeth. He showed me proper brushing and flossing technique, but I was shocked when he said that the food we eat also can end up having a bad teeth. This blog will give you info on foods one should avoid to have a healthier teeth.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website