Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Loose wisdom tooth
    An_256367 posted:
    Is it normal at the age of 49 that your wisdom teeth become loose?
    atti_editor responded:

    Trauma to the area, an infection in the tooth or surrounding gums, or signs of osteoporosis are some of the possibilities for why your tooth is suddenly loose. The only person who can identify what is happening and if you are in need of any kind of treatment is your dentist. I suggest that you make an appointment to see him/her as soon as possible. It may be something that resolves itself or you may need some sort of dental treatment (such as removal of the tooth).

    Best wishes,
    steffanymohan responded:
    Yes, take an immediate appointment with your dentist. If you have a loose wisdom tooth, you may go for a treatment. In worst case, you may go for a surgery. Your procedure will not as painful as the usual wisdom tooth removal, but it is not fun either.

    Helpful Tips

    Dentures and implantsExpert
    Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 34 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website