Skip to content
Bump on tip of my Tongue
An_256441 posted:
I keep getting a bump in the same place on the tip of my tongue, it comess and goes every few week, its like one of the papillae is infected, what can i do to make it go away for good?

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Do you notice that anything in particular that you eat or drink causes your papillae to become enlarged? Sometimes hot substances and/or acidic food or drink can irritate your taste buds. You might try avoiding or limiting your exposure to these. Also, rinsing your mouth with mouthwash sometimes help to calm enlarged papillae. If this problem is persistent and causes you pain, it might be a good idea to ask your doctor or dentist if there is anything they would recommend you try.

Here are some more problems that could cause a sore or bumpy tongue if you are unsure an enlarged papillae is to blame.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website