Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Translucent spots on teeth
jgcliff posted:
In the last 90 days I have had large translucent spots appear on my teeth. It has gone from no spots to at least six different teeth during that time period. I have not had any changes in diet, overall health, or medication in that time period. Can the sudden appearance of multiple spots be an indication of some serious health issue that I need to investigate. Thanks

atti_editor responded:
Hi jgcliff,

The presence of translucent spots on your teeth can be a result of a number of different things. The spots could be due to enamel erosion , but only a dentist will be able to diagnose what is happening after an examination. I suggest you make an appointment so that you are able to determine exactly what is causing the spots and find what, if any, treatment is necessary.

Best wishes,
Atti

steffanymohan responded:
Stains on the surface area of the teeth are external. They appear simply because of typical deterioration as well as exposure to discoloration food and fluids.Translucency or thinness of the teeth leads to a dull or lacklustre grin. If your teeth are much more opaque a whitening kit will aid lighten up your teeth and brighten up your smile.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website