Skip to content


Gadgets and Apps: Bluetooth for Your Teeth
Cut on inside of lower lip
An_256736 posted:
I tore the inside of my lower lip and had to go to emergency to have it sown up. The stiches were supposed to dissolve naturally but some of them broke off (probably when I was eating). Now the lip healed but I have a little bump that rests on the teeth. It often feels irritated. What kind of specialist should I see to correct this? It appears as if the skin didn't heal normally and there is a bump where there shouldn't be.
atti_editor responded:

It may be a good idea to start with your general practitioner. He/She can take a look at your lip and refer you to a specialist if need be. Please let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website