Skip to content
upper molar extaction
fairoaks1 posted:
.I had a very bad upper molar extracted nearly 3 weeks ago... There was no issue until 2 days later, when there was nasal congestion and nasal pressure on the side of the extraction. There was little or no bleeding from the extraction. I was treated with an antibiotic for an infection for 10 days. Then, I was treated with sudafed, for the congestion. It was still an issue two weeks later. And there was some very uncomfortable pain and pressure from the nose to the eye brow area. on just the side of the extraction. I am on another antibiotic now as well as motrin. I would like to know if anyone has experienced anything like this? I have never had such a terrible infection. And, this was all a result of an upper molar extraction. I will see my physician tomorrow. As, there has to be something to resolve this. And, I want to make sure it isn't really serious. I have to admit...I am very concerned. Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

atti_editor responded:
Hi fairoaks1,

Was your physician able to find something to clear up the infection and lessen the pain you are experiencing? I hope that you are feeling better!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website