Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Throat Issues, Please someone help me find relief.
paintsplatter posted:
So I have had a sore throat for a little over a week now. I usually would not be worried, but I had a sore throat less than 4 months ago similar in style. I had it for a bit over a week then it went away. Now its back again.

It started sunday morning, I thought it was just dry mouth or something along that line but it got worse during the day. I purchased some over the counter products (Cold medicine, and cough drops (medicated as well). That same day, I slept from about 5pm to 6am the next morning.

I have been going to work all week since, taking the cold medicine in the morning then again when i get home at night. The cold medicine seems to take care of it. But I am not sure if that is just the minor pain killer in the medicine or if its just mental and im going a bit over the edge.

Please help

My symptoms are as follows:
- sore throat
-Trouble swallowing. (I can do so easier now then earlier in the week)
- Either swollen taste buds or small spots on my tongue. (My guess is swollen taste buds because that is what they look like and they are in the right spots for that.)

I am a non smoker/non drinker/non drug user
25 yr old male
adv. physical shape and relatively good health.

atti_editor responded:
Hi paintsplatter,

Here are some possible causes of a sore throat that you may want to look through. If home remedies aren't working, it would be a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor to determine the cause of your sore throat and get the appropriate treatment. Please let us know what you are doing.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website