Skip to content
Painless white bump on inside of lower lip
trinity36 posted:
Hello, I am 19 years old and a college student. For about a month now I have had this small white bump on the inside of my lower lip in the middle. It is round, painless, and randomly seems smaller on some days and a little larger on others. On the days when it feels large it is pearly white on top almost like a tiny ant bite. When it is small it is very off white and I can see it better when I stretch my lip. I have cut it off before on my own but a new one simply grows back fairly quickly. This seems to be the only symptom of anything wrong so far. Any advice?

atti_editor responded:
Hi trinity36,

What you describe could be an irritated or blocked salivary gland. Here is some information on salivary glad problems and possible causes that you might find helpful. Since you've had it for a month, it would probably be best to have your doctor take a look to give you a proper diagnosis and hopefully some steps to help it heal. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

trinity36 replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks for the advice, This seems to be similar to what I have. Lately though it has been smaller than normal hopefully it is beginning to go away. I do, however, have a lump in the back of my throat for the past two days. it feels as if I swallowed a small pill with no water. I can only feel it when I swallow spit. I dont know if this is related though.

atti_editor replied to trinity36's response:
Glad to hear that the bump on your lip seems to be going away. The feeling of having a lump in your throat could be due to many different things -- acid reflux, a swollen gland or vocal chords, post nasal drip if you have or had a cold or allergies. It would be best that you see your doctor for a proper diagnosis. Does your college have an infirmary where you can get this checked out and get any kind of treatment you might need (if any at all is even necessary)?

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website