Skip to content
possible TMD/TMJ
An_257564 posted:
about 2 weeks ago I woke up and could't touch my teeth together on either side in the back. obviously there is something out of line with my jaw/teeth for whatever reason.

i saw my dentist 3 days ago and he made a night guard for me which i wear while sleeping however i've not had any improvement.

i am not in any pain at all but I can feel some tension in my left jaw/temp area. the dentist said it could take a few weeks to work its way back in to normal position.

has anyone ever had this happen? any treatment suggestions?
i've been taking ipupofen daily and a muscle relaxer at night. I also use moist heat on my jaw.

thanks for any recommendations or suggestions

atti_editor responded:
This article on TMJ/TMD has some good suggestions on basic treatment options -- most you can do at home. The mouth guard should certainly help and the moist heat is a great idea. As the above article suggests, ice packs, eating soft foods, avoiding extreme jaw movements or resting your chin in your hand, among others, are also some things you might try. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

panthers1984 replied to atti_editor's response:
great information and based on these tips my jaw has worked its way back in line

thank you very much

atti_editor replied to panthers1984's response:
Glad the information helped!

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website