Skip to content
Wisdom teeth question
An_258314 posted:
Hi. I'm new here. First post

I haven't had my wisdom teeth (any 4 of them) removed yet. First consultation about 4 years ago and they said they wanted to wait a bit longer. I am now 24 with them still in, and in recent months, I've been having this weird sensation in my mouth. I feels like pressure on my teeth on my upper jaw. I'm worried that my wisdom teeth are moving my other teeth around, and visual inspection it seems like they are slanted a bit, but I'm no doctor and my brain could be playing tricks on me. But here's my main concern: I've been living in Ireland for the past 6 months and am currently backpacking Europe until the fall. I don't plan on returning home (Canada) until Jan 2015. My travelers insurance only covers emergency dental work. Is this something that can wait until I get home, or should I pay the price to go see a dentist regardless and get some kind of insight as to what's going on?
Many thanks.

steffanymohan responded:
Consult a reputable oral health practitioner, he is the best authority to answer all your queries regarding wisdom teeth removal. A patient's case can become more complicated if your tooth is misaligned. Some dentists recommend early extraction because impacted ones can lead to infection.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website