Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Wisdom teeth question
    An_258314 posted:
    Hi. I'm new here. First post

I haven't had my wisdom teeth (any 4 of them) removed yet. First consultation about 4 years ago and they said they wanted to wait a bit longer. I am now 24 with them still in, and in recent months, I've been having this weird sensation in my mouth. I feels like pressure on my teeth on my upper jaw. I'm worried that my wisdom teeth are moving my other teeth around, and visual inspection it seems like they are slanted a bit, but I'm no doctor and my brain could be playing tricks on me. But here's my main concern: I've been living in Ireland for the past 6 months and am currently backpacking Europe until the fall. I don't plan on returning home (Canada) until Jan 2015. My travelers insurance only covers emergency dental work. Is this something that can wait until I get home, or should I pay the price to go see a dentist regardless and get some kind of insight as to what's going on?
    Many thanks.

steffanymohan responded:
    Consult a reputable oral health practitioner, he is the best authority to answer all your queries regarding wisdom teeth removal. A patient's case can become more complicated if your tooth is misaligned. Some dentists recommend early extraction because impacted ones can lead to infection.

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
    Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website