Skip to content
Tongue pain and sores
alicat71265 posted:
I have been experiencing severe tongue discomfort for over a month and the pain and symptoms are getting worse: big red sores and indentations on the left side and underneath, severe dryness, chronic metallic taste, pain, inability to eat, creases on the top of my tongue have gotten very very deep with new deep creases on the left side which look like deep cuts/ lines and now a sore on the tip. I have been using 2 Rx's: Lidocaine viscous 2% oral and Triamcinotone Acetonide dental paste USP 0.1% for over 2 months - neither helps and the symptoms are getting worse so I'm convinced it's tongue cancer. Please advise. Thank you.

atti_editor responded:
Hi alicat71265,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this severe discomfort.You certainly shouldn't jump to the conclusion of cancer without having it looked at by a medical professional first. Have you been to the doctor or dentist about your symptoms? He/She is best able to diagnose what is happening and hopefully provide you some relief after an examination. Please let us know how you are doing!

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website