Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My teeth are are breaking off in pieces?
corina63 posted:
Why is this happening? Could it be from Chemo, MS, Diabetes or the large doses of Morphine daily, that I have been taking through a Pain Clinic for about 8 to 12 years? I have stopper the Morphine as of 7/17/2014. This was the second time in the last 6 months which was just a timing problem. I would take 60mg longer acting and 45 immediate release at bed time and am when I got up. However, on 7/16/14 I went to bed at 12:30 PM, took all my med which are many besides the Morphine and then again took my I got up At 5:00am to get to my appointment at 7am where I had a PET Scan to check if my last Chemo treatment put me into remission. Therefore I OD myself on Morphine. I was rushed to ER and was admitted for the over dose, THANK YOU GOD!!!

amaigo79 responded:
My mother had beautiful healthy teeth until she had Chemo. While the treatment saved her life, it ruined her teeth. She has since had a few extractions, as well as caps and fillings. Take care of yourself.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website