Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen taste buds
felis02 posted:
I have the same problem I hoping for sum kind of help from anyone here. I have been under a lot of stress but I Juss dnt understand wats going on please help

atti_editor responded:
Hi felis02,

Have you seen your primary care physician or an ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) about your symptoms? He/She would be best able to diagnose what is happening. It is possible that your stress levels are what is causing your taste bud problems, but you should have a medical professional take a look to rule out anything that may need attention. Is this an ongoing problem or have you just started to get these symptoms? Have you eaten a lot of spicy or salty foods lately?

steffanymohan responded:
The most common cause of swollen taste buds is something that you have eaten like hot spicy foods that have irritated your tongue. Sometimes salty foods like chips dry the tongue and irritate the individual taste buds. For immediate relief, try ice cubes. Consult your doctor if it persists.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website