Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Need dental help bad but very poor
    An_224287 posted:
    Im not sure what to do. I was told all my upper teeth need to be extracted and dentures put in but I cant afford something like that. Is there any help out there for people with financial difficulties like me? Maybe dental schools? Thxs for any info.
    Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
    You may try calling the local WIC (Women, Infants and Children) office or possible your doctor to see if they know of a discounted dentist who would work with you on lower payments for this sort of dental work. WIC offices often times have a list of those sorts of resources.

    Good luck,
    MarkMHB responded:
    Dear Anon_7261,

    There are several options for persons who find dental care financially out of reach:
    • Investigate your state's Medicaid program. Although the programs in some states offers only the most vestigial benefits, it may help.
    • If you're disabled, you may qualify for free dental benefits through the Donated Dental Services program. You can explore their web site for contact information in your community:
    • Institutional settings do offer care at fees that are often significantly below prevailing private practice rates. You can contact your local component section of the American Dental Association for guidance:
    The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research has an informative page at their web site that references several economical sources for dental care; see it here:

    Good luck!

    Mark Bornfeld

    Brooklyn, NY
    An_224288 replied to MarkMHB's response:
    Thank you for your help. The information was very helpful.

    Helpful Tips

    Rash on lips
    I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 34 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website