Skip to content
Rash on Lips
MKFMKV posted:
Sorry about the double post. I accidentally posted this as a "tip" the first time.

I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like they will erupt.

They are lined along the lip, right at the border of inside and outside, with more on the inner, wetter part, but some on the outer lip as well.

There are none on the lower lip.

There's no itching, maybe a slight burning, as if I have chapped lips.

Normally I probably wouldn't be very concerned, but my son has had recurring bouts of impetigo. It always seems to start with chapped lips, then the corners of his mouth, then beyond. He exacerbates it by dragging / wiping his sleeve across his mouth and cheek(s). He's had oral and topical prescriptions. He's at school, but when he gets home I'll check / ask if his "chapped" lips look(ed) like bumps.

Does this sound like the onset of impetigo, or, alternately, an underlying condition that could spread and become infected with impetigo-causing bacteria?

Thank you

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website