Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen lip and face after biting lip
summerthyme1 posted:
My sister bit her lip yesterday while at lunch. She had chicken salad and gin and some candy bites (chewy like tootsie rolls). She bit her lip while chewing the candy and didn't think anything of it because it didn't bleed. She said around 4:00 her lip began to swell and when she got home at 5:15 her lip was very swollen to the point that it began to throb. Later last night, she called me and told me what happened and what was going on with her lip. She applied ice, rinsed with warm salt water, took some ibuprofen for the pain then laid down. She telephoned me again this morning and told me her whole face was now swollen and her lip HUGE. What could cause this sympton? She thinks she's having a reaction to something, but what? All this from biting her lower lip? She's considering taking benedryl. Should she?

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website