Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
My tooth just fell out
An_224354 posted:
I am 40 years old, diabetic, with gum disease. I have had 3 loose teeth for quite some time. When I was leaving work, one tooth suddenly started feeling looser, like it was going to fall out. It was moving more than it has been. About 40 minutes ago it came out. No blood, no pain. I knew it was going to have to be pulled soon. I'm just concerned about the hole. Should I rinse my mouth with anything? I don't want to get an infection. I can't get to a dentist until morning.

What should I do?

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear Anon_29901:
There is no danger of any kind of infection at this point. Brush your teeth realy well over the area. However, it is imperative that you go to the dentist and have a comprehensive treatment plan for your dentition. If you let your teeth just "fall out" you will loose precious bone and if you need to have the teeth replaced, you will have very difficult conditions to restore.
Please go see a dentist.
Best wishes,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website