Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Lump in mouth (Inside of cheek)
    AsadAbbas posted:
    Hello sirs,

    I recently noticed this lump on the inside of my right cheek. It felt sour but i thought that was because my teeth had somehow irritated that part of my mouth. Anyway i took a picture and saw this:

    I don't know what that is. I've had mouth sores in my bottom lip before but i don't know what this is. It feels sour on the top side but i think that is because my tooth keeps hitting it when i talk or chew.
    MarkMHB responded:
    Dear AsadAbbas ,

    The lump to which you refer is the opening of "Stenson's Duct"-- the duct of one of your parotid salivary glands. Although it is grossly normal in appearance, the whitish opaque area on its surface may represent either a traumatic injury, an ulcer, purulent exudate, or even a sialolith (salivary gland ductal stone). Unfortunately, your photo does not show this feature clearly enough to make the distinction between these possibilities.

    If the area continues to feel sore or feel in any way abnormal, you should allow your dentist to assess its condition.

    Hope this helps...

    Mark Bornfeld
    Brooklyn, NY

    Helpful Tips

    Rash on lips
    I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 34 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website