Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
hollow teeth
An_224433 posted:
my ex told me that my son probably has hollow teeth<< a trait apparently inherited. I can't find anything online about hollow teeth. I believe my son's teeth can be fixed by a dentist and flossing and brushing. According to my ex... brushing doesn't help the conditions of hollow teeth and my son will ultimately lose all his teeth when he's older. My question is:: Is there really a condition called hollow teeth? and if so; what can be done so my son doesn't end up toothless like my ex's family?

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear Anon_65607:
Sometimes professionals try and explain a condition by using layman's terms. I have never heard of hollow teeth and cannot possibly comment on this.
Here is what you should do...
Go see a dentist, if you child is young, a Pediatric Dentist is better. Have a proper, professional consultation and don't live life based on someone's story. If your child does have a certain hereditary condition, I would love to know the professional diagnosis. Hollow teeth might be a regional term that is used in some parts of the country. I'd love to know what it refers to.
Best of luck,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Bone loss in gums
If you are experiencing bone loss in the gums and their is no pathology, What can be done to stop bone loss. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website