Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pulling out an infected tooth?
belushiraf posted:
Greetings. I recently had a molar tooth pulled that was infected. It was very painful. The infection was serious enough that it affected the whole right side of my face. This pain that I felt was beyond anything I had experienced before except once. It was like a constant and continuous, unrelenting pain. This happened once before about two years ago, where I experiencing the same pain and severe discomfort. Knowing now that this tooth was infected prior to the actual removal of the tooth has raised some questions that I would like to have answered "If possible." Being that there was two of these events that happened to me. Is it possible that my brain suffered a any trauma due to the length that the tooth was actually inside my mouth causing all kinds of havoc?

Take the Poll

Do you think an infected tooth can infect your brain too?
  • Yes
  • no
  • I don't know
  • definately
  • maybee
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Bone loss in gums
If you are experiencing bone loss in the gums and their is no pathology, What can be done to stop bone loss. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website