Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Constant Canker Sores!!
An_224456 posted:
Okay so I always get canker sores. Like always. If I get one, I get another and another.

I've been tested plenty of times, so its not an STD or an STI. But I am confused and worried to why this is happening.

I haven't had any partners change. Ive been with the same person for 2 years so i really don't know.

What do I do? I don't have health insurance so that is why I haven't visited the dentist :(

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_66871,

I am a little confused here because you include that you couldn't be getting these canker sores from a partner. Are you speaking about cold sores (fever blisters) or canker sores being the problem? Canker sores are not contagious, though cold sores are.

Here are both of the WebMD Overviews on Cold Sores and Canker Sores for you to look over. Maybe one of these will help to distinguish what you are experiencing and help you to find the cause of this repetitive condition.

WebMD OVERVIEW ON CANKER SORES:
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores

WebMD OVERVIEW ON COLD SORES:
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/cold-sores-topic-overview

If you are experiencing constant canker sores the article above does list some of the possible underlying reasons that this may be occuring. Please see your doctor if you feel that this is a serious problem and take care of yourself. I hope that you keep us posted on how you are doing. :)
Best Wishes! Amelia

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website