Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stitches came out after bad tooth extraction
understaphed posted:
it has been 80 hrs since i got my back molar (31) removed. The local they gave me had a diminished effect on me, but i needed it out bad so we went ahead with the extraction. Because it was such a difficult experience the dentist put in some sort of soft gauze which i guess dissolves because she stitched it in with a few suchers. She said it would help prevent dry socket. While eating tonight my stitches i guess ripped (though i felt nothing) out because they were suddenly loose in my mouth. Now i can kinda see this area i believe is the soft gauze on top and i worry it may come out or is that fine???? Also, how many days is it going to be sore, because it is still quite sensitive.

understaphed responded:
am pretty sure they left a piece of my tooth in there.... merry christmas to any DDS that can tell me how screwed i am

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi understaphed!

I am so sorry for the late reply and wanted to see how you are doing now! I hope that you decided to call your dentist about this pain. What was the result? Please take care and let us know how you are! Best of luck.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

sinus trouble in my teeth
need info on sinus that have gotten into my teeth i went to the dentist this week and my dentist told me about this and i have never heard ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website