Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain/swelling under crown & gums above 3 front teeth???
ballinah posted:
I have had a "temporary" crown on my upper front tooth for about 13 yrs. Yesterday I awoke with pain/throbbing under the crown & also the 2 teeth beside it.The gums above these 3 teeth are a little swollen,and my lower tooth now touches the upper front tooth with the crown on it.Today there has not been any pain,but it's uncomfortable when I close my mouth and chew on that right side.It is sort of like a numb feeling & my teeth don't feel aligned properly now.Last week I noticed a small sore spot on my upper gum,above the tooth next to the one with the crown on it.I thought it might be the start of gingivitis,or some type of infection,so I rinsed several times a day for a while w/listerene and it seemed to clear up.Now this is going on,so I'm not sure what the problem might be? If anyone has an idea, or has experienced these issues I could really use some advice/info.I cannot afford to visit a dentist,my only opption would be the E.R.,and the bill would be really expensive! Thanks in advance to anyone who could offer some insight on my issue!

_swank_ responded:
Please don't go to the ER. It's for emergencies and this is not an emergency. It would be way more expensive than a dentist anyway. Call your county health department.

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

WebMD doesn't document EMG for diagnosing TMD
Why are WebMD's informational articles on TMD a couple of years old and don't even mention EMG? Even wikipedia calls it the most reliable ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website