Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Why is my bottom lip numb?
An_224516 posted:
Well i am a 19 year old male and lately i have been having back problems and i dont know if that has anything to do with this but its the only thing that has changed since my bottom lip has become numb, it doesnt really tingle it's just numb and its kinda freaking me out so if anyone know why this is happening it would be nice to know if this is a serious thing or not

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
Dear Anon_136673:
It is impossible to diagnose the situation just from a limited description over the internet without a proper examination.
The problem can definitely be related to the back pain and possibly a nerve problem.
The best I can suggest to you is to go to your dentist and make sure that the problem is not dentally related. After that a proper examination by a neurologist is in order.
Don't waste time. Go see your dentist as soon as you can.
Best of luck and I'd love to know the final diagnosis,
Dr. Zev Kaufman

Featuring Experts

For almost two decades, Dr. Zev Kaufman, has been known in the dental community as "the dentist's dentist." Graduating with honors and a...More

Helpful Tips

Rash on lips
I just noticed a bunch of tiny white bumps on my top lip. They are white, not clear, about the size of a pin point, and don't seem like ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website