Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    Why is my bottom lip numb?
    An_224516 posted:
    Well i am a 19 year old male and lately i have been having back problems and i dont know if that has anything to do with this but its the only thing that has changed since my bottom lip has become numb, it doesnt really tingle it's just numb and its kinda freaking me out so if anyone know why this is happening it would be nice to know if this is a serious thing or not

Zev Kaufman, DDS responded:
    Dear Anon_136673:
    It is impossible to diagnose the situation just from a limited description over the internet without a proper examination.
    The problem can definitely be related to the back pain and possibly a nerve problem.
    The best I can suggest to you is to go to your dentist and make sure that the problem is not dentally related. After that a proper examination by a neurologist is in order.
    Don't waste time. Go see your dentist as soon as you can.
    Best of luck and I'd love to know the final diagnosis,
    Dr. Zev Kaufman

Helpful Tips

Dentures and implantsExpert
    Technically speaking, a denture is any prosthetic use to replace a partial, or a complete dentition. It can be fixed (permanent), such as a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 34 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Kaufman's website