Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Joint pain after kidney transplant
randywgator posted:
I had a kidney transplant in 2005. Had had no problems with the transplant. All my levels have stayed in normal range. I did gain weight with the prednisone. Would like to lose weight...has anyone with a kidney transplant successfully and safely lost the weight after surgery? What did you do or what did your doctor recommend?

I also have considerable joint pain...especially after sitting or when getting up in the morning. Have had gout a few times...take allipurinol to counteract this now. Do any other patients have this joint issue? I am bothered mostly by pain in my hip, knee, and especially ankles. Maybe it is just high levels of uric acid as with gout. Any suggestions or anyone else experiencing this problem. My doctors have just said it could be arthritis?!?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was recently informed that my brother has been on dialysis for his kidney's, we haven't talked in 15+ yrs. So now i'm trying to find inf...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.