Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Expansion of potential donors.
MrsCora01 posted:
Here is an interesting article I received in a newsletter. In England they have just concluded a study where they compared the results of donation from brain-dead donors (the normal process) with those from cardiac death donors (a fairly new criterion). They found no significant differences between the two.

My own transplant center here at home started doing this a few years ago and it has been quite successful. A friend of mine received such a donation and is doing very well. Unfortunately, at the time there was a huge outcry by the so-called medical ethicists who were implying that they would treat you "differently" in the ER if they thought you would be a good donor. Poppycock!

Anyway, here is the article .

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same chall...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.