Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
new tattoos & donating a kidney,,,
sweetlovagirl83 posted:
would like to get a new tattoo but i plan on eventually donating a kidney. does anyone know the wwait time betyween getting a tattoo & donating a kidney?
MrsCora01 responded:
Interesting question and I have no clue. I would check with the donor coordinator of the center where you plan to donate and find out what they have to say. Let me know when/if you hear anything. I'd love to know.

John-SKPT responded:
I don't know any strict time limits either, but my suggestion would be to wait until the donation is done first.

There are SO many potential viruses that are no problem for average folks, but can be deadly to recently transplanted patients. And not all of them are easily tested for.

So there is a chance that the surgeons would turn you away as a donor, just because of the additional--and avoidable--risk.

Just wait on the tattoo.
Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to John-SKPT's response:
I agree with John.
itsmerry responded:
Have you gotten any more info on this? We live in Ohio, USA and my daughter got a tattoo about a month and a half ago from a reputable tattoo parlor and is interested in donating a kidney to a family friend. We are all over the web trying to find info but can't seem to find any regulations for donor evaluations in Ohio. Any info would be helpful (and if I find anything out as well I will be sure to let you know!) Thanks, Merry

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband received his liver transplant in October 2009. He's having bumps along the way, but seems to be getting better. I try to help him as I ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.