Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
double lung transplant
An_224174 posted:
I have questions if there is a survivor out there

imasurvivor2004 responded:
Hey there, I am almost 7 years post transplant, whats your question?

lungtransplantcandidate replied to imasurvivor2004's response:
hello im a survivor. im very glad for your succesfull transplant. My Father recently was denied for lung transplant. The decision was made because he has cardiomyopathy. He has an appointment on june 30th 2011. Is there any advice on getting on th etransplant list. he has medicare a and b medicaid share of cost and he has about 10000 for post transplant costs through fundraisers. should he be worried about his cardiomyopathy and being able to still have a shot at lung transplant or not? i am very concerned. please help i am so worried because hes getting worse. he is at 6 liters of oxygen. is there a age limit? any advice is gladly appreciated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello I'm a 23year old young woman from Texas. I had my last kidney transplant in June 2006 has been successful with no complications. This was my...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.