Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Does anyone know about finding matches for kidney donation?
needinakidney posted:
First my living donor was a blood match but a positive crossmatch. Which is not what we wanted. My anitbody level was too high. 2 years later I find out about IVIG, an antibody reducing iv treatment. Then I was told they were going to retest my living donor due to my antibodies are lower than two years ago. Now, the transplant team are telling that once your antibodies are too high for the donor they are always too high. Why even mention it if they already knew it was going to work.

Take the Poll

Where are you currently listed at?
  • Emory
  • Piedmont
  • Shands
  • Mayo
  • Other
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband received his liver transplant in October 2009. He's having bumps along the way, but seems to be getting better. I try to help him as I ...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.