Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Tracking Events and Milestones in Life?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hey there members!

We're compiling a list of all the events and milestones that our members like to keep track of in their lives. For instance, most of us like to keep track of birthdays of family and friends. Parents like to keep a record of when their children hit milestones, such as rolling over, first words, walking, cutting a tooth. And, many of us keep track of our medications, treatments and doctors visits. Members of our Breast Cancer community like to share with others when they have been "Cancer Free" for six months, a year, two years, and on.

Think about what you like to keep track of and milestones you like to share with your family and friends and post them here in this thread. I bet you all keep track of a lot of things our staff would never think of!

Can't wait to get your feedback.

Take care,

The WebMD Community Staff

Bee93 responded:
I recieved my first kidney transplant 1 month and 1 week ago as of tomorrow at noon. The only milestone I've had so far, was my first bath in almost 2 years. The happiest moment of my year so far, especially since I also have Lupus and if horribly affects my joints. A nice bath was something I had been looking forward to.

I'm now waiting for my 2-3 month mark so I can get my blood drawn every other week instead of every monday and thursday.

Sincerely,
JBK

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Bee93's response:
Hi JBK,

Welcome to the community and wow that is a GREAT milestone. I love a hot bath for my joints and glad you are able do something to help you relax. Please keep us updated on all your milestones. :)

Lainey

MrsCora01 responded:
My major milestones are Oct 3 (kidney transplant) and Feb 28 (pancreas transplant). I will be 9 years out with the kidney this year. Yeah!

Cora

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to MrsCora01's response:
Hi MrsCora01

Those are huge milestones, congratulations! I think it is wonderful that you are so helpful with this community. :)

Thanks!

Lainey

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same chall...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.