Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Kidney transplant
An_224175 posted:
I have recently received a kidney from my aunt (June 2, 2010) so far so good. only a minor complication. (I had to have a stent put in). if i can help any one with questions or what have you, I'm more than happy to help. Also, I have a question myself. Has any one had any problems with thier hips? After transplant I was on 50 mg of prednisone. About 3 weeks after transplant I was completly debilitated, could barely even walk due to hip pain/weakness. Called the doc, he said it sounds like a prednisone side effect. he dropped my doseage from 50mg to 5mg. 3 days later I'm all better. It's been about 3 months now and the pain is back, only now it is only in my right hip and less severe, but still intolerable. I'm going to see the doc in 3 days to discuss my options, but was still wondering if any one else has had this problem, and if they found a solution.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_137812,

I hope you are feeling better. Any Update?

magelectric replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello, still having trouble with my hips. Went for x-rays 2 days ago, still waiting for results. Doc thinks it may be vascular necrosis. prednisone being the cause. Did a little research, doesn't sound very nice. But I'm positive! Happy I was able to return to work a few months ago! Thanks for your concern.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All... I was diagnosed with Lupus (SLE) when I was eleven. a very difficult time for my whole family. we managed to get it under control fair...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.