Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
wanting to donate
reddytogo20 posted:
i wanted to donate one of my kidneys to a little girl who needs it to live. i havent talked to the social worker yet, but was wondering...the girl is type o+ and i am 0-. i was told that my blood type was universal and could be matched to any type. i wanted to know if this is possible and if it would be a match for this little girl. i really want to help her have a chance at life. if anyone could give me some info on this matter it would be greatly appreciated!

MrsCora01 responded:
First of all, thank you for considering this. Since you are both O, there is no problem even though one of you is O positive and the other negative. It only matters for blood, not for organs. There are other tests to go through and I wish you the best of luck with those. As long as you are healthy and your crossmatch is ok (that's another test of compatibility) there is a good chance you can be a donor.

Good luck

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All... I was diagnosed with Lupus (SLE) when I was eleven. a very difficult time for my whole family. we managed to get it under control fair...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!