Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
transplant hair loss
twslandmark posted:
I had liver transplant 12/2010 and know i'm lossing hair ! Does anyone have any suggestions ?

MrsCora01 responded:
The hair loss is typically due to the initially higher doses of drugs (especially prograf). It slows and often the hair grows back. I know that at my transplant center they told me not to worry, that it would stop.

Cora

twicethecharm responded:
If you chemically straighten your hair or chemically color you hair I would talk with my hair dresser/stylist about stopping and the best way to transition your hair to it natural state. I stopped chemically straightening my hair that did the trick last time. I also cut off all the old hair with that in it. There are ways to do this over time that won't be such a shock to you in the mirror and you can be emotionally prepared to let it go.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Tattoos after Transplant
Hello friends I am 8 months after double transplant..Liver and Kidney. I too would like to get a tattoo. my doctors do not have an answer ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.