Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
transplant hair loss
twslandmark posted:
I had liver transplant 12/2010 and know i'm lossing hair ! Does anyone have any suggestions ?

mrscora01 responded:
The hair loss is typically due to the initially higher doses of drugs (especially prograf). It slows and often the hair grows back. I know that at my transplant center they told me not to worry, that it would stop.

Cora

twicethecharm responded:
If you chemically straighten your hair or chemically color you hair I would talk with my hair dresser/stylist about stopping and the best way to transition your hair to it natural state. I stopped chemically straightening my hair that did the trick last time. I also cut off all the old hair with that in it. There are ways to do this over time that won't be such a shock to you in the mirror and you can be emotionally prepared to let it go.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband received his liver transplant in October 2009. He's having bumps along the way, but seems to be getting better. I try to help him as I ...More

Helpful Tips

Tattoos after Transplant
Hello friends I am 8 months after double transplant..Liver and Kidney. I too would like to get a tattoo. my doctors do not have an answer ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful