Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Insomnia
pjsuerth posted:
Hello,
I had a kidney transplant 9 weeks ago. My numbers are all good, but I'm sleeping really poorly. Since those numbers are good, my docs don't want to switch meds. In the meantime I need help. Anyone with similar problems and, perhaps, a solution?

MrsCora01 responded:
It's only been a short while. I would wait a bit and see how things pan out. I did have problems sleeping because of the prograf and ended up taking trazadone to help me sleep. It worked wonders and I eventually got off it.

Cora

LNZ_Loo responded:
I had a kidney transplant at the end of March and I'm replying to this @ 12:30 am with work in the morning! aargh! :-) My docs have only recommended an over the counter sleeping aid and stressed using Benedryl since it doesn't have Tylenol. You should consult your docs of course before you try anything new, but I hate to say... nothing seems to help me so far. It's very common for Prograf users in the beginning especially but I can say it DOES get better (slowly, but better). Try a book in your bed as relaxed as possible. It helps me when I follow through with it, but everyone is different. Wishing you the best of luck and sweet dreams. :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same chall...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.