Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Can a man have a healthy baby after being on Cellcept
Liamsmommy2008 posted:
Hi my husband got a kidney transplant February 21 ,2011.I was wondering if any of men have had children after getting a kidney transplant ,and being on Cellcept.For our first clinic visit we were told to not have an unplanned pregnancy because of Cellcept and the birth defects.We've asked questions but we never get the same answer we always get different and vague answers.When we ask nurses and doctors when he goes for clinic visits.Also i've tried to search online for any answers about men having children on Cellcept and the only information i get is about women.We have our next clinic visit in August but i just want to know if anyone in the meantime has had a child and if the child came out healthy .So please if anyone can give me information i would really really apperciate it !

MrsCora01 responded:
Sorry, I can't really help. As you said, all the info is about women and the baby in an environment with cellcept in it. I know for women they temporarily switch them off the drug. I wish you the best of luck in planning your family. I hope it all works out well.

Cora

twicethecharm responded:
I am a female but I've had male friend with the same question. The answer is the same for both sexes. When I received my first my kidney in 97 the wait time before was recommended before trying was something like 2 or 3yrs but after you get the ok you must not wait. They don't bother to tell anyone until it is too late but those drugs make both sexes sterile over time. I went to the transplant games years ago and I met patients there whom had healthy kids afterwards.

All of my friends unfortunately waited until after they finished college and by then it was too late. However press them or an answer because the time frame may have been shorten to try.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was recently informed that my brother has been on dialysis for his kidney's, we haven't talked in 15+ yrs. So now i'm trying to find inf...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.