Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
wondering how a transplanted kidney can be given a jump start after dye used in angiogram affected it?
bkdina posted:
wondering how a transplanted kidney can be given a jump start after dye used in angiogram affected it?

My father had a kidney transplant a year ago and was working fine. He just got a major heart surgery done and they had to use the dye for an angiogram which they were worried would harm the kidney....which it did...now my father is on hemodialysis, as he's not urinating....any suggestions that may help him jump start his kidney?

They said they still have a little hope for it to work.
He now has no chance of getting on the waiting list for another kidney.

MrsCora01 responded:
Sorry, but I don't know of any way of jump starting a kidney like that. The dialysis can take the pressure off and if the docs think there is still a chance, there probably is as they are often usually pretty pessimistic about this sort of stuff. Why can't he get another transplant?

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband received his liver transplant in October 2009. He's having bumps along the way, but seems to be getting better. I try to help him as I ...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.