Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
financing for transplant
An_239920 posted:
We are new to the idea of transplant so can anyone tell us how organ transplantation is financed? We are hearing about the physical aspects of organ donation but no one is mentioning how the procedure is paid for. After the initial shock of finding out my son needed a new heart, then reality set in; now we have to get down to the nitty gritty of preparing for what is ahead. Can anyone help us?

mrscora01 responded:
I hope you get some helpful answers soon. I am in Canada, so financing is not an issue. I do know that many folks have insurance but I'm not sure what Medicare/Medicaid will cover.

Best of luck to you and best wishes for your son.

Cora

LPunnett responded:
You can apply for assistance via the National Living Donor Assistance Program (NLDAC): http://www.livingdonorassistance.org/.
NLDAC requires the application be sent together as a pair (donor and recipient information).

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Tattoos after Transplant
Hello friends I am 8 months after double transplant..Liver and Kidney. I too would like to get a tattoo. my doctors do not have an answer ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.