Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
    Diabetes and Kidney Community
    Kidney Disorders Community
    WebMD Diabetes Community
    WebMD Hepatitis Community
    WebMD Heart Disease Community
    financing for transplant
    An_239920 posted:
    We are new to the idea of transplant so can anyone tell us how organ transplantation is financed? We are hearing about the physical aspects of organ donation but no one is mentioning how the procedure is paid for. After the initial shock of finding out my son needed a new heart, then reality set in; now we have to get down to the nitty gritty of preparing for what is ahead. Can anyone help us?

mrscora01 responded:
    I hope you get some helpful answers soon. I am in Canada, so financing is not an issue. I do know that many folks have insurance but I'm not sure what Medicare/Medicaid will cover.

Best of luck to you and best wishes for your son.

Cora

LPunnett responded:
    You can apply for assistance via the National Living Donor Assistance Program (NLDAC): http://www.livingdonorassistance.org/.
    NLDAC requires the application be sent together as a pair (donor and recipient information).

Spotlight: Member Stories

19 years out: post kidney transplant,Diabetic,triple by pass on heart,every side effect from diabetes are present and getting very hard to deal with. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
    WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
    Was this Helpful?
    7 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.