Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
kidney transplant is it possible
jmar352 posted:
kidney transplant is it possible for a 62 year old woman with plenty of family members willing to give her the kidney

Take the Poll

My sister was told she needs dialisis NOW we want to give her a kidney she is 62 years old she has diabetes and high blood pressure what are our chances of giving her a kidney we have a large family and most want to be tested what are the requirements where do we go from here.
  • kidney transplant
  • what is required
vote
View Poll Results

MrsCora01 responded:
You need to contact your local transplant center and get the testing done. If she is very close to dialysis she may need to get treatment before the transplant - but it is much easier when there is a possible end in sight with the transplant being the light at the end of the tunnel.

She will be tested as well regarding her general health and the bp will need to be controlled but there is no reason she can't be transplanted if she is in good health. Get the ball rolling now by calling. There are many tests to be done and it can take some time.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same chall...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.