Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Donor Diet?
mommie2ethan posted:
Recently I found out from a cousin that a 7yo daughter of her friends requires a kidney transplant and it is unlikely that her parents will be a match. Since so far we share the same blood type (I know it's a lot more involved than that) I was willing to go through the testing to see if I am a viable match. As a mother it is very important that if I have the ability to save another parent's baby, that I do what I can. She won't be able to have the transplant for at least 6months, and of course I'll have to be tested. I am wondering however if there are foods that I should avoid or eat more of (until I speak to my own doctor) that will be better for me and my healing and overall health in the event that I am a donor match.

MrsCora01 responded:
Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Basically, the most important thing for you to do is to eat healthy and balanced and to get exercise to keep your system running smoothly. I hope it all works out well for you. Thank you for considering the donation.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

19 years out: post kidney transplant,Diabetic,triple by pass on heart,every side effect from diabetes are present and getting very hard to deal with. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.