Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Liver Transplant-Need help
Briana90 posted:

My step brother had an emergency transplant last year, his a 16 year old white male. No health problems until his liver suddenly failed last year. He is now on the road to recovery however is now experiencing extreme and severe itching on a constant basis. The doctors can not find an explanation of what is causing this itching or have any ideas on how to stop it which is what has lead me to this web site. I am praying to find someone that has or knows another person that has gone through the same thing and has maybe found a solution?

Thank you.

mrscora01 responded:
Sorry but I don't really know. As a kidney patient I know that itching was caused by high phosphorus levels. Has his kidney function been checked? There aren't too many liver transplants here. I would try TransplantBuddies as there is a very large community there.

Best of luck.

Cora

Briana90 replied to mrscora01's response:
Thank you!

livingmiracle replied to Briana90's response:
on what do you need info

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband received his liver transplant in October 2009. He's having bumps along the way, but seems to be getting better. I try to help him as I ...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.