Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Why can't I get a liver transplant?
rico1950 posted:
I am a 62 year old vet fram the Viet Nam era who has never drank or smokeed or used drugs, nevertheless, my liver is completely none functional. As a retired Police Officer I am very athletic. The only exposure to any chemicles has been to agent orange. About 2 years ago I had a major operation for a complete blood transfusion at the Veterans Hospital in San Diego. Sense than, I have had 2 additional major relapses with my last, sending me through a two day comma. I am not on any list for liver transplant and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help, someone who has defended this county both in war time and at home.

keenie7 responded:
Not on any list at all? Or just lower so having to wait long? Because I know that children are higher on the list.

An_253156 responded:
Hi @rico1950... We assist patients who have same issues as with you. Please email as for more info. medicservices2013@gmail.com

fleeback responded:
What is your MELD score?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello I'm a 23year old young woman from Texas. I had my last kidney transplant in June 2006 has been successful with no complications. This was my...More

Helpful Tips

Tattoos after Transplant
Hello friends I am 8 months after double transplant..Liver and Kidney. I too would like to get a tattoo. my doctors do not have an answer ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful