Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Is It Okay To Drink Alcohol After A Kidney Transplant
Luckyman100 posted:
Hi all. I was blessed with a Kidney-Pancreas transplant about 22 months. The first year was a little challenging, but I am doing great now. I was wondering if it is okay to have 1-2 glasses of wine in the evening? I want to make sure that it will not damage my new Kidney.

I think that this Transplant Community forum is awesome and look forward to your thoughts and experiences.

mrscora01 responded:
How often would you have this one or two glasses of wine? Once in a while is one thing, but more than once a week would probably be a different matter. I wouldn't want to risk changing the absorption or timing of my meds. I also wouldn't want to put pressure on my new (now almost 11 years old) kidney.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

19 years out: post kidney transplant,Diabetic,triple by pass on heart,every side effect from diabetes are present and getting very hard to deal with. ...More

Helpful Tips

Tattoos after Transplant
Hello friends I am 8 months after double transplant..Liver and Kidney. I too would like to get a tattoo. my doctors do not have an answer ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful