Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Ginger after transplantation...
Babydonut2013 posted:
Hello all, I had a kidney/pancreas transplant on 9/20/2013 and I know that the dietitian said to stay away from herbal supplements and certain fruit but I was wondering if anyone knew if it is safe to eat ginger candy. Before my transplant I had horrible nausea for almost half of my life ( I am 27) and someone gave me a candy called Gin-Gins and I fell in love with them. I know that the safest thing to do is ask one of the clinics care team which I plan toy do at my next appointment for labs but I was wanting to hear what other patients knew. I was put on the list and was hitting my 4th month on it when they called with a match and I have to admit that I was not fully prepared for the entire thing and didn't realize how much it takes a toll on emotions. I am trying to find some ways to learn how to cope with the changes that have taken place so if anybody knows a good source of online support tools and if there are anr. eccomend any kind of online support group or the best place to get better educated I would really be grateful. My name is Amanda and I was on dialysis for a little over 2 years, started a few daya after turning 25 and I guess it is a little hard dealing with all of this and if I could understand more of what to expect as I continue to recober then it might not be so hard. Any and all advice or suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

Take the Poll

What was the most difficult part of your recovery?
  • Side effects from medications
  • Mood swings/Depression/Anxiety
  • Making the transition bacm
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same chall...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.