Skip to content

Announcements

If you have had an organ transplant then you may want to also become a member of these communities if they are applicable to your condition to share your experience:
Diabetes and Kidney Community
Kidney Disorders Community
WebMD Diabetes Community
WebMD Hepatitis Community
WebMD Heart Disease Community
Post liver transplant, is a single beer once or twice a month taboo?
dontkr posted:
Not an alcoholic, have not drank in the past 12 months, had a transplant 3 mo ago, doing great.sometimes in the past when my wife and I have gone to dinner, a beer with a steak was sure good.i know doctored will say u shouldn't drink alcohol, but if I have a clean healthy liver and am recovering great, is there a danger in this?

oldtiff47 responded:
PLEASE PLEASE ASK YOUR MD FIRST. YOU WERE GIVE SUCH A GIFT OF LIFE!!!!

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

mrscora01 responded:
I think the biggest danger lies in it becoming a more regular habit. I was the same with protein and salt at about the 2 year mark after my kidney transplant. I had a wake up call and luckily my kidney wasn't damaged. All I can say is be careful. And talk to your transplant doc. If you can keep it to a (one) beer every few months, it's probably ok. But there are no guarantees.

Cora

holly69 responded:
Personally if I had my new liver I would do nothing to cause any possible damage to it at all. I am sure the transplant team and your hepatologist would probably say it is a bad idea. Why did you have a liver transplant to start with? Just curious.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload A Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.