Skip to content
Cervical spondylosis
butterfly55119 posted:
I was just diagnoised with cervical spondylosis, I have a few questions.
I have a work related injury and I'm sure this has brought this spondylosis to a flare up.

1. Does anybody get horrible headaches and you bridge of your nose actually swells up?
2. I have a mild bulging disc in my neck with pain across the shoulders and numbness down both arms to my thumbs, is this normal?
3. Does anybody have positional headaches with this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.. Mel

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Butterfly55119,

I am so sorry that you are in pain. WebMD has an article about your diagnosis:http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/cervical-osteoarthritis-cervical-spondylosis
You can also post this question on the pain management community:http://exchanges.webmd.com/pain-management-exchange
Please keep us updated.

hopewarrior13 responded:
hi how r u doing today i am new to this to but i have been with it for over a year now i also got hurt at work ti answer your first qquestion i also get severe headaches they r called cervogenic and i feel your pain they come from the back of your neck up over your skull and sit in the front of your forehead and affect your eyes i have bulging disks all the cs down pushing into my spinal cord. the pain in your shoulders across and down your arms and fingers it sounds like you also have nerve compression like me i have other symptoms also i would luv to chat with you about it how long has it been for you since your injury? and if you dont mind me asking was it a heavy lifting accident?i know it really is a battle day to day and i dont know your circumstances but you just have to take it day by day and stay positive i know the pain and my heart goes out to u

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.