Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What kind(s) of exercise(s) do you do?
CarlDF posted:
I have osteoarthritis in knees, hips and spine. I was wondering what kinds of joint safe exercise(s) people do?

_swank_ responded:
Swimming is the best exercise you can do for arthritic joints in my opinion. I couldn't live without a pool.

CarlDF replied to _swank_'s response:
Sounds good!

mayaone replied to CarlDF's response:
I have been dancing all my life and probably this has eased my pain, just keeping moving. I do take a lot of hot epsom baths before and after excercise so that's like swimming I guess. I also am now doing PT in a warm pool.

Greeneyes777 responded:
I found Thai massage to be a Godsend.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Greeneyes777's response:
Many members have raved about Tai Chi! Here are some WebMD links if you are interested:

Tai Chi Video

Tai Chi Medical Reference
and
Tai Chi Arthritis Relief

I am going to try this exercise too! :)
It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys. Emil Zatopek

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.