Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

What kind(s) of exercise(s) do you do?
    CarlDF posted:
    I have osteoarthritis in knees, hips and spine. I was wondering what kinds of joint safe exercise(s) people do?

_swank_ responded:
    Swimming is the best exercise you can do for arthritic joints in my opinion. I couldn't live without a pool.

CarlDF replied to _swank_'s response:
    Sounds good!

mayaone replied to CarlDF's response:
    I have been dancing all my life and probably this has eased my pain, just keeping moving. I do take a lot of hot epsom baths before and after excercise so that's like swimming I guess. I also am now doing PT in a warm pool.

Greeneyes777 responded:
    I found Thai massage to be a Godsend.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Greeneyes777's response:
    Many members have raved about Tai Chi! Here are some WebMD links if you are interested:

Tai Chi Video

Tai Chi Medical Reference
    and
    Tai Chi Arthritis Relief

I am going to try this exercise too! :)
    It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys. Emil Zatopek

Helpful Tips

what should i do
    sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.