Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee replacements with Verilast Technologhy
An_224082 posted:
Can any one tell me if the knee replacements have been done with Smith & Nephew implants, Verilast technology? This is a new implant that they claim would last up to 30 years. It has been out for 12 years now. I just want to know if any one knows about it and had any problem?

_swank_ responded:
I've had one for almost a year and it's doing fine. I don't know that it was called 'Verilast' but it's made out of oxyinium and made by Smith & Nephew and it's supposed to last 30 years.

GreeneyedJean responded:
Just had a Smith & Nephew knee replacement done 6 weeks ago. So far, so good! I'm 50, and hoping for another 30 years. From reading all the reviews on the "Rediscoveryourgo.com" website, seems people are very happy with it. I'm leading with the new knee going up stairs for the first time in years, pain free, and it's a miracle. Very happy!!

se123 replied to GreeneyedJean's response:
Hi, im considering the verilast 30 yr surgery and im 52...How is it working for you now and did your insurance cover it???

_swank_ replied to se123's response:
Mine is almost 2 years old and still doing well. My insurance covered it. It's more a matter of whether they'll cover the surgery in the first place. I'm not sure if they really care what gets put in there.

undefined replied to GreeneyedJean's response:
Hello: I am considering the Smith & Nephew Legion CR Knee System. Would you still recommend this product? Bob Lulek

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.