Strained Ligaments behind knee
betabytes posted:
I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and recovery was easy since I was very mobile, walking frequently throughout the day and this even helped with weight loss. However, a few months later I could not even stand on my right leg, let alone walk. The doctor said my ligaments had become strained and since I was nearing 60, there was no chance of a recovery.

Meanwhile I have become a sort of recluse, rarely leaving home. My legs are painful and weak below the knees. I have tried physical therapy with some small success. If any of you have any helpful advice I would welcome it. Thanks, Betashe
_swank_ responded:
What kind of doctor did you see? You need to see an orthopedic surgeon and get a proper diagnosis. That usually includes x-rays and an MRI. Once you get a diagnosis then you can get the proper treatment. Sore knees should not cause you to be a recluse.
betabytes replied to _swank_'s response:
You are right!!
I should see an orthopedic and get a proper diagnosis.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious which I might have overlooked in my anxiety.