Skip to content
Strained Ligaments behind knee
betabytes posted:
I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and recovery was easy since I was very mobile, walking frequently throughout the day and this even helped with weight loss. However, a few months later I could not even stand on my right leg, let alone walk. The doctor said my ligaments had become strained and since I was nearing 60, there was no chance of a recovery.

Meanwhile I have become a sort of recluse, rarely leaving home. My legs are painful and weak below the knees. I have tried physical therapy with some small success. If any of you have any helpful advice I would welcome it. Thanks, Betashe

_swank_ responded:
What kind of doctor did you see? You need to see an orthopedic surgeon and get a proper diagnosis. That usually includes x-rays and an MRI. Once you get a diagnosis then you can get the proper treatment. Sore knees should not cause you to be a recluse.

betabytes replied to _swank_'s response:
You are right!!
I should see an orthopedic and get a proper diagnosis.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious which I might have overlooked in my anxiety.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.